In December 2013, the USB 3.0 marketing team announced the rendering of the next-generation USB Type-C connector, which was then ready for mass production in August 2014. The highlight of the new interface is a slimmer design, faster transmission speeds (up to 10Gbps) and more powerful power transmission (up to 100W). The biggest feature of the Type-C double-sided pluggable interface is that it supports the double-side insertion of the USB interface, formally solves the worldwide problem of "USB never inserts in and out", and it is inserted casually on both sides. At the same time, the USB data cable used with it must also be more detailed and lighter.
In summary, USB Type-C has the following features:
1. The maximum data transmission speed reaches 10Gbit/second, which is also the USB 3.1 standard;
2.Type-C interface socket size is about 8.3mm × 2.5mm slim design;
3. Support "positive and negative insertion" functions that can be inserted from both sides. It can withstand 10,000 times of repeated insertion and removal.
4. The standard-size cable with Type-C connector can supply 3A, while also supporting “USB PD” that exceeds the existing USB power supply, and can provide up to 100W of power.
Next: No Information
Related Industry Knowledge
- USB Type-C data cable appearance characteristics
- USB Type-C data cable main function
- Mobile power
- How mobile power works
- Mobile Power Battery - Polymer Lithium Battery
- Mobile Power Battery - 18650 Lithium Battery
- How to choose mobile power
- Noise Cancelling Headphones
- Charging knowledge